Tuesday 8 April 2014

To start with THANK YOU!!!

 
Hi again,
 
It is nearly the end of our travels here in Vietnam, I would love to bring all these children back home but then quickly realised I have minimal motherhood experience after I witnessed a few major poo explosions. That however brings me to the next point of business, the lovely Jemma and her team at "The Big Sew In" (https://www.facebook.com/thebigsewin) have done a magnificent job and have developed a nappy design and set a day for us to make reusable nappies that we can then send over (P.S anyone with a private jet that wants to drop them off?). When I told the caregivers at the baby orphanage she jumped up for joy and gave me the biggest tightest cuddle. There was no trouble translating their happiness!
 
These nappies will not only provide the babies with much more comfort, they will help prevent the spread of illness, as currently they use a thin triangle piece of material,  similar to what you would use to sling your arm, however nothing is contained (trust me I am now out of clean shorts because yesterday any baby I went near must have had a very full bladder).
 
That is why we have decided that the remaining half of our fundraising money will go towards supporting this project and getting those babies some good quality, reusable nappies.
 
Again thank you so much to all of my Pledgers on https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/projects/1734
 
Here are some photos from the week!
 
 
We also did exercise classes with the older ladies, this lady in particular was hilarious, she kept groping our big bottoms!
 
I swear that is a laughter face
 
Why so serious bub?
 
This cutie is getting much better at walking with his frame, unfortunately he does not comprehend much though so he cannot walk independently.
 
Our favourite exercise with Cong is throwing and punching a swiss ball, half the time he gets too excited and the ball goes backwards over his head! Good balance practice though!
 
We have progressed from independent sitting to sitting on a swiss ball! Yeehaa
 
Snuggle break
 
This wee baby is so close to crawling!
  
Sen is blind, so we are having fun utilising her other senses, she loves pulling at the leaves
 
New sensations are important for her development
 
This definitely counts as exercise, she climbed those stairs three times today!
 
Son gets tired just holding his head up, a CT scan was performed showing his brain is the size of a peanut.
 
But different positions are very important for his lungs
 
How could you not smile!
 
We also celebrated a birthday this week!
 
Tri turned 24 and some girls (maybe his family, we don't know) brought in party food!
 
Everyone joined the party
 
So many lollies! Made some crazy kids, who gave this wee one a pepsi!
 
More riots in the ball pit
  
My beautiful girls, I must try video them singing!
 
And at feeding time, everyone lends a hand, these little ones help to fold clothing and care for children, they are not even old enough to go to school.
 
I hope you are all having a fab week, I think I will be upset to leave these little ones, i'm used to getting hundreds of cuddles a day! (any volunteers?)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment