Thursday 20 February 2014

A picture says a thousand words?

Well, I am feeling particularly sleepy this afternoon, not only are we trying to learn Vietnamese, get over the jet lag and get used to our new job, I haven't mentioned THE BELLS!!! There are a series of very loud bells, they go off at 4am and again at about 4:30 (just when you think you may get back to sleep), midday and twice again in the evening. They are not your regular sort of bells, that ring a couple of times and then stop, they literally go for about 5 minutes each time. No exaggeration!! They literally sound like a warning signal, each time I think...... is there a major disaster, do we need to evacuate the village? If not then WHY do you need the bells. (I should mention that they are the church bells and I really shouldn't get so worked up about them).
Rant over.
 
Speaking of Church, Robyn and I went with the Sisters to Church the other night, I was impressed that a Catholic church ceremony was so efficient, I and out in 30 minutes! I felt pretty guilty though because all I could think was how I was blocking the view of all the little ladies behind me, it was also weird that men were sitting on one side and ladies on the other. I'm sure it was a great service, I understood when they said Amen....
We did travel to Church in my new favourite method of transport though! Flying nuns (on the back of a Honda five speed).
 
Anyway, we have had not shortage of coffee to try and perk us back up, the coffee is chock full of condensed milk, no wonder the market didn't have any pants that fit us!
 
Anyway, the point of the title was going to be that I cant think of what to write, so lets just have a squizz at what we have been doing (physio wise) the past day or two.
 
Huong is always so happy to do her exercises! She is sitting up better in her wheelchair already!
 
Big laughs and smiles.
 
Khang is my special wee boy, the poor wee man has painful constant muscle spasms, it throws his head and body around so much that we have to feed him with his head back like this, I am always so scared he will choke but he is so clever. He also has to sleep on the floor otherwise his contractions are so powerful they throw him out of bed. In between spasms though he gives us a glorious smile, my main goal will be to have a neurologist assessment for him to see if his pain and spasm can be better controlled, lets hope its a possibility? Ah I just love him so much and want to fix him :(
 
Lunch time!
 
 Piles of people!
 
Kim Chi trying to escape physio exercises.....
 
 Smiles from Giang
 
Tummy time!
 
 But seriously how can you not love his wee smile
 
Robyns great positioning skills, lets clear some phlegm!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment